Designer’s Pack – GIMP & Inkscape DVDs
Save money with this Scroll Saw Pattern Designer's Pack. Includes both the GIMP & Inkscape class DVD sets.
Learn to make your own scroll saw patterns with this Designer’s Pack. This bundled package includes both the GIMP Class DVD set and the Inscape Class DVD set. Learn to use GIMP to create custom portrait style patterns. Then use Inkscape to create most everything else. Both classes were taught at Scroll Saw Village. This bundle set has everything you need to know to start creating your own scroll saw patterns with over 8.5 hours of video and written instruction.
GIMP Lessons Include:
- Introduction – Introduction to pattern making and GIMP.
- What Makes A Good Pattern – We discuss different styles of patterns and look at reference material.
- User Interface Tour – A quick tour of the program. We’ll look at tool pallets and major sections of the program. We also discuss basic navigation through your project.
- Creating a Workspace – We’ll create a workspace and do any of the preliminary tasks before we roll up our sleeves and dig in.
- The Base Pattern – The meat of the pattern making process. We’ll use filters to establish a base pattern for us to work on.
- Islands, Peninsulas and Lakes – The elements that make up scroll saw patterns. We’ll talk about how to handle delicate areas and create unique shapes that form our pattern.
- Facial Features – We discuss various facial features and a couple tips to bring your portrait to life.
- Final Touches – We wrap things up by checking our work and learn to export our pattern for distribution.
- Bonus Demonstration – This is a 3 part video demonstration where we take the project from picture to pattern.
Inkscape Lessons Include:
- Introduction To Inkscape – We introduces the class and Inkscape. Then we take a tour of the user interface.
- Creating Simple Shapes – We’re learning to create simple shapes and manipulate them.
- Aligning Our Objects – We learn to position elements and group them for easy management. Includes Bonus Demonstration.
- Building Complex Shapes – Build complex shapes with simple tools.
- Nodes and Editing – This is where the magic happens. Learn to edit your shapes to make them do what you want them to do.
- Working With Text – This is a quick lesson about using the text tool and manipulating your text.
- Designing A Trinket Box – This is where the lessons come together. Design a trinket box from beginning to end using the skills we learned.
- Designing A Desk Clock – We’ll design a desk clock from beginning to end using the skills we’ve learned.
Note: This DVD is only valid for US Residents. This is presented in NTSC and on DVD-R format. Some older DVD players may not play DVD-R formatted disks.